Plagiarism is a serious offense and if you add copied content in your essay then you are in for big trouble. Often, to save time and efforts, students just copy and paste the content in their essays and other academic papers. As a result, their fail in their grade and get a possible warning.
The main reason for this is that students do not know how to research relevant facts and information for their essays,which is quote common. Each year, hundreds of students look online for an essay writer who could help them and write their essays for them.
For those who like doing their work themselves, following are some helpful ways of avoiding plagiarism in their work.
1. Adding the Citation: When presenting someone else’s ideas or adding data from another source, do not forget to cite it properly. Add the name of the author, date of publication and other details to point the readers to it.
2. Including Quotes: Adding quotes is a great way of substantiating your claims and backing them properly. Also, adding quotes means that you are giving credit to the work or author whose idea you are referring to in your essay.
3. Paraphrasing: Instead of adding the content as it is, paraphrase it in your own words. By paraphrasing, you will keep the essence of the content without using the same words. However, be careful while doing it.
4. Adding Original Ideas: Instead of just adding and repeating what other people have done, include your personal and unique ideas in the essay. Find your own viewpoint and add it along with the supporting content.
5. Using Plagiarism Checker: Plagiarism checkers are great online tools to make sure that your content is absolutely clean from any sort of plagiarism. Check your work through Grammarly, Turnitin or any other reliable plagiarism checking tool before final submission.
Plagiarism is considered as a grave academic sin but, by following a few simple steps you can avoid it successfully.