Interesting Persuasive Essay Ideas For Your High School Paper
Are you struggling with an informational and persuading persuasive essay theme for your high school paper? Writing on a great topic that will instantly woo your readers is definitely challenging and a task that requires a prehensile approach. There are moments though when you find the entire thing going ‘nowhere’ because you can’t seem to think about ideas mostly due to a pallid theme that seems to simply bore you.
If you’re instructor hasn’t really provided you with a theme already, your mired up usually thinking of a unique and fascinating idea that will pique your readers interest and excite you to write on it. Before you begin with the writing process though, it’s important to understand the dynamics of what exactly is a persuasive essay and what it entails. It largely helps in picking a fantastic topic that will result in a brilliant read.
What Is A Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive piece is an essay with engaging and informative content that is aimed at persuading your readers of your particular stance on a certain paradigm through supporting arguments and strong relatable justifications. The content must be insightful built around an interesting theme that highlights an issue or a social paradigm that people strongly feel about or are usually experiencing in their lives.
What Is The Purpose Of A Persuasive Essay?
The primary aim of the essay is to make your reader agree with you on your specific position for the chosen theme clearly demonstrating the validity and authenticity of your claim & arguments through illustrated evidence in the form of statistical data, expert opinions, real-life case studies and proven theories in existing literature. The presented arguments should be powerful and convincing enough to motivate your audience to believe your point of view on the theme and take up actions or behave in a specified manner based on your recommended or identified solutions.
How To Write A Persuasive Essay?
Writing a wow-worthy read for your essay is not at all a herculean task. All it requires is a bit of research work, a little creativity on your end and due diligence to the entire process. Once you’ve brainstormed ideas for a cool theme or some exciting persuasive essay topics, finalize your topic by narrowing down the list of possible ideas. Go for a thorough research on the selected theme to identify areas of study, limitations in research, any supporting evidence to strengthen your position and lucid weak theories present in the opposing view. Create an outline and thesis statement for your persuasive essay and begin writing using the organized flow of ideas highlighted in your essay outline.
Hand Picking Your Essay Theme
Persuasive Papers are mostly assigned to high school students to better evaluate their intellectual and scholarly abilities. These papers require a certain level of excellence and writing flair including analytical aptitude. You are expected to present two divergent polar perspectives for an issue or your chosen subject with ample proof to back each viewpoint (favorable & opposing).
Guidelines For Picking A Great Theme
Your essay theme should therefore be highly intriguing to draw the reader in allowing you to provide informational concepts through your content. Make sure you consider the following pointers when you select a specific persuasive essay topic for your paper:
- It must be unique, exciting and engrossing for your readers to want to read it
- The theme should be diverse enough to allow you to present conflicting views easily
- You should feel passionate about the topic and writing about it
- It should ideally cover a certain issue prevalent in the society or a concept that the community strongly feels about
- The topic should be debatable and controversial so you can argue about it effectively and impart your personal perspective on it
- The theme must be polemic enough to enable you to reach an understandable conclusion through a logical argumentative discussion on both views.
Composing an essay on a great theme is cushy enough if you follow the above guidelines and work up a topic that inspires and fascinates you. If you’re hooked in, so will your readers.
Easy Subjects For High Schoolers
- Top scores in school: Should there be Inducements for them?
- Do Homogenous Exams disseminate learner knowhow?
- Should learners conduct regular Appraisals for Instructors?
- Student’s performance is impacted by class size?
- Discuss A Piece of Art that reshaped your life
- Should Gym classes be mandatory?
- Actual Aggression & Video Games: Is there a connection?
- Education amenity for the migrants’ kids should be provided?
- How to deal with bullies In School?
- Cutting edge technology: A Blessing or a Disruption?
- Advantages & disadvantages of using Mobile Phones for educational purposes
- Our real identities online should be kept secret
- Should Cash prizes be offered as a motivator for great scores in school?
- A book that changed your life entirely
- Gun regulation laws need to be altered
Convincing Persuasive Essay Topics For High School
- Should aggressive criminals be sentenced to Capital Punishment?
- Should Mobile phones be allowed in school?
- Safety In Our Airports: Is all that screening necessary?
- The benefits and disadvantages Of E-Learning
- Unrestricted wireless internet In cities-benefits & de-merits
- Should illegal migrants enjoy the same rights as citizens?
- Civil Unions should be acknowledged by government entities
- Religion should be given a priority in schools
- University lectures should have limited time duration
- Community service should be made compulsory in educational institutes
- Euthanasia should be made legal
- Imported goods need to be taxed more than products made internally
- Physical education is a necessity
- Does it make sense to test drugs on athletes?
- Wearing seatbelts during driving should be mandatory
Personal Persuasive Essay Topics For High Schoolers
Working on your persuasive essay especially for a controversial or personal reflection theme helps you burgeon, learn and grow adding to your intellectual prowess and cognitive knack. These ideas below will let you expand on your skillset and prepare better for the future.
- Are you a strong feminism supporter?
- Would you classify yourself as a Spiritual or a Religious person?
- What are your inspirations & aspirations?
- Give an account of the best decision that you’ve made
- The most amazing holiday celebrations that you’ve had in your childhood
- Did you ever feel alone or different?
- Challenges you’re facing and how you plan on handling them
- Has social media positively impacted your life?
- Culture focuses a lot on celebrity gossip! Why?
- How does peer pressure impact your life?
- What non-living object best represents you?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Vegetables have emotions– stop carrot/pumpkin cruelty
- Chocolate will never ask you a stupid question or will it?
- McDonalds tastes better than Burger King
- Purchasing is better than renting
- Keep a journal….it’s life-good
- Women can do anything men do and way better!
- Athletes should be great role models
- Winning isn’t everything but it definitely beats losing
- Students with “A’s” should get a finals ‘waiver’
- Don’t cave in to fad diets!
- You are not odd; you are just a limited edition
- Before Facebook & Twitter, I had a life
Drafting a captivating persuasive essay for your high school paper can be an indelible, exciting and a highly productive learning experience if you’ve chosen the right topic. Use our creative ideas above to craft an amazing paper on any of these fantastic and insightful themes for the best impact.